Thursday, August 15, 2024

I Will

 She saw right through all my scars

Pretty little thing came and claimed my heart 

I didn't dare believe it would go this far 

I didn't know I could love this hard 


She wasn't shy but she'd been bitten. 

My heart melted for this lonely kitten 

She knew just what my heart was missin

She made me whole, and now I'm smitten. 


It took all this time for me to see 

That her and I were meant to be 

Our spirits healed, our souls run free. 

I love her, no doubt, and she loves me. 


We share her music, her arms, her bed. 

And she lives rent free inside my head 

Distant strangers no more, but lovers instead 

Without her now, my soul would be dead.


I want you to know The love that I feel 

It's meant to be, I know that it's real

Daring to hope, that someday we'll 

Have a moment to say "I will"



1 comment: